Roger White's Autobiography
Polished up a bit by Roger Jr., July 2002, copyright Aug 2002
- Here are a few of my noteworthy accomplishments:
- Graduated from MIT university, and got a job at Linde Products
- Started the bachelors-only "Gold Coast Club" in
- Successfully promoted Linde's steel-torch-cutting process.
- Found new quarters for the Shaker Heights Skating &
- Designed and built a unique sailing kayak. Newpher made
- Got some Mentor club members to get identical sail boats
- Ran Lewis Welding Corp. when Lewis was called for WW2 duty.
- Found essential sources on secret World War II bomb project.
- Started Glastic Corporation, 20 years later sold it for
- Invested in Lauren Corporation and served as Board Chairman.
- Founded Pultrusions Corporation to make "pultruded" fiberglass
- Married and unmarried Mike (Anne), then married Bonnie.
- Bought and completely remodeled a badly run down house in
- ... and here are my brushes with death:
- Tumble from moving railway car. Circa 1925
- Mountain wall climb in Oregon. Circa 1930
- Lake Erie kayak overturn in storm. Circa 1939
- Car accident en route to Pittsburgh.
- Chartered plane, Mex to (S America).
- Airplane crash on honeymoon trip. 1946
- Near fatal heart disease. 1947.
- Fall from very high tree branch. 1988
- Heart attack, bypass surgery, 1993.